Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

I HAVE A LINCOLN 2004 TOWNCAR. WHEN DRIVEN MILES OR SO THE

Customer Question

I HAVE A LINCOLN 2004 TOWNCAR. WHEN DRIVEN FOR 30 MILES OR SO THE STEERING BECOMES STIFF AT LIGHTS OR ANT TIME THE CAR IN NOT MOVING. I HAVE REPLACED THE PUMP. ANY IDEAS
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

If the power steering pressure control valve was not replaced on the power steering pump when the pump was replaced this can cause this issue here and is a common component to fail.I would replace it if it has not been replaced yet.

If it has already been replaced this usually would indicate a fault with the rack and pinion steering gear needing replaced.I have seen these fail internally at idle after driving and needed replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete