Edward
Edward, Service Technician
Experience:  20 + years experience on various makes and models.
29534642

Since replacing the battary in my 2004 Lincoln Aviator, the

Customer Question

Since replacing the battary in my 2004 Lincoln Aviator, the alarm goes off intermittently when it's locked.
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: That's it. Does not go off if I leave the car unlocked.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just looking through the manual to find a fuse to pull.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Mechanic should know about your Lincoln?
Customer: It made a 2900 mile trip without any problem; then due to fracturing my foot it was not driven for 2 months
JA: Our top Mechanic is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Mechanic in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Mechanic until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Edward replied 8 months ago.

Hello, Eddie here and I will do my best to help. Usually this problem is associated with sticking door latch switches, the microswitches are located in the door latch assembly, What I recommend doing first is this, spray some WD40 or PB plaster into each door latch as much as you can where the latch hit's the striker and holds the door closed, then open and close each door about 10 times after spraying penetrating oil all over the latch jaws. This will usually cure it, if that does not help, then the alarm triggers are stored in the Anti Theft module, You will need to have the vehicle scanned and see what triggers are stored and that tells you where the fault is, could be any one of the doors, or hood, or lift gate. But seeing what is triggering the alarm can usually pinpoint where the problem is. Let me know if you have any further questions. Here is the electrical schedmatic if you want to experiement with removing some fuses that shows you which fuses power up the security system however, I would not recommend pulling fuses to unpower the central security module, as that may cause issues with the headlamps, turn signals or horn working properly.

Let me know if you have any further questions. Thank you!