Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Lincoln

My 1993 Lincoln Town Car heater system has an odd sounding

Customer Question

My 1993 Lincoln Town Car heater system has an odd sounding noise. It sounds like a windshield wiper going and then a bang, as though something in it is swinging around and then it stops when it hits something. If I remove fuse No. 8, It stops. But as soon as I add
fuse No.8, it starts again. I have the dash board all apart, I also have the control unit o out. With the control Unit pluged in it starts running and then the bang. Please Help. It l looks lihe a very bad job to remove the entire heater. Thanks: Charles Hermann at ***@******.***
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Jay S replied 7 months ago.

Hi, I think I can help you on this one. The temperature blend door has an electronic actuator that controls the door. Your actuator is defective and cannot locate the blend door any more and would need replaced. The system has one behind and above the glove box and another behind and above the radio. See which one is clicking and you found the one to get replaced.