Ronnie
Ronnie, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years as an automotive tech
7276279

Does it harm the computer to disconnect the battery from a

Customer Question

Does it harm the computer to disconnect the battery from a car when not in use for several weeks. I am not near a outlet to use a trickle charger to keep the battery charged.
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Ronnie replied 10 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question,

No there is no harm with disconnecting the battery for storage(negative cable) . Once you need to reconnect it, connect your cable back up and start the engine and allow the engine to idle for 15 to 20 minutes to rest all perimeters and you should be fine. Post back if you have more questions and or need more help and we can work from there. Please take a moment to rate my service so I can get credit for my time, the question remains open for follow up even after doing so, all you need to do is return to this question if need be.

Thank you again.