Ronnie
Ronnie, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years as an automotive tech
7276279

I have a 2000 towncar. The drivers seat is full forward and

Customer Question

I have a 2000 towncar. The drivers seat is full forward and unable to adjust. Motor running but nothing else. How to remove seat?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Lincoln. The Lincoln Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Front seat is full forward and I'm unable to slide it back . The motor runs but nothing moves like it should.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing Looking into it when I have some knowledge.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Lincoln Mechanic should know about your Lincoln?
Customer: not really, All the fuses are good. Just cannot get the front seate to adjust.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer where you can place your fully refundable $5 deposit (plus $13 after the Lincoln Mechanic responds). While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lincoln Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Ronnie replied 11 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question,

In most cases if you are hearing the motor run when trying to adjust the seat that usually indicates you have a bad seat track. You are going to need to remove the seat and have a look. I have enclosed seat removal steps in the link below. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view them. I have also enclosed the track removal steps for you as well in case you need to remove the track. Be sure to disconnect the negative battery cable to disable the air bag system before you start this repair.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Seat%20Mar%2010.pdf

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Seat%20track%20Mar%2010.pdf