roybelding
roybelding, Master Tech/Trainer
Experience:  35 years of retail operations on all vehicles
3506196

2008 Lincoln Navigator loaded was driving the vehicle and

Customer Question

2008 Lincoln Navigator loaded was driving the vehicle and the brake pedal went to the floor and no stopping power. fortunately the car rolled to stop w/o hitting anything. Then I shut the engine off and turned it on and the brakes were totally restored. I searched Google and found at least 30 examples of the same example the dealer checked it and told me nothing caused a code to come up. Please help I'm afraid to drive this vehicle.
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  roybelding replied 8 months ago.

good afternoon my name is ***** ***** I will assist

the bad part about todays cars is that even the dealer is lost unless there is a code that will tell them the problem. abs codes only are electronic controls of the abs system . if there are no codes it is a mechanical issue not electronic. from your description it sounds like the master cylinder seals have failed internally and are not allowing pressure build up at times. it is a common symptom with a failed master cylinder.

Roy

how are you making out