Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Mechanic
Experience:  Line, Electronics, Driveline for over 30 years
1609972

Your expert just asked me if my 2006 zephyr has a duratec

Customer Question

Chris Your expert James just asked me if my 2006 zephyr has a duratec 3.0 its a 3.0 but I don't know if its a duratec or not
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Don 'Mo Lurch' replied 11 months ago.

.

sorry for the delay............
.
Greetings...... “Hi, I’m Don (aka MOLurch) and I look forward to helping you!”
.

Yes if it is Factory, then it is a Duratec unless it has been changed out

The 3.0L Duratec is a 4-valve-per-cylinder, dual overhead camshaft engine. The engine uses a distributorless ignition system. The cylinder block is a 2-piece design with the upper portion housing the cylinders and a separate lower cylinder block containing the main bearing caps. Both sections are made of aluminum, with inserts for the bearing areas and caps. An aluminum oil pan bolts to the bottom of the lower cylinder block and to the transaxle to provide greater strength.

The camshafts are mounted in the cylinder heads and act against a roller follower to open and close the valves. A hydraulic lash adjuster is located on one side of the roller follower and the valve tip on the opposite end. The camshafts are driven off the front of each cylinder head by 2 chains (one each side). Both of the chains are driven by sprockets that are located on the crankshaft, just in front of the oil pump.

.
IF you need more information, please ask "prior" to Rating.
.
Please do the right thing and leave a rating, using the rating system, so I may be credited for this Q&A.
.
NOTE: Do NOT Rate on how much TIME you waited, because I am not on 24 / 7 and I answer as soon as I see the question.
The question will still remain open for follow up questions if needed.
.
If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.
Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.
.
Rating is very Important to our Service
.