EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Technician
Experience:  ASE, Ford Lincoln Mercury Senior Master, Diesel, Kia Professional Elite
34559540

05 Lincoln Navigator turn over but will not start right away

Customer Question

05 Lincoln Navigator turn over but will not start right away after sitting for hours code for rail sensor came up and fuel pump filter also
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Hi. What is common on those to fail or rot out is the fuel pump driver module. It is what actually duty cycles the fuel pump. It is mounted on the frame rail on the drivers side in the rear. I would first visually inspect that for signs of being rotted out on the back side. Let me know what you find. Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What about that rail sensor
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

The rail sensors do go bad. But the code will set with too low or high fuel pressure as well. And if the fuel pressure was there, the truck will still start. even if the rail sensor was not reading correctly. Might not run good though. But if you want to check it, you can read its psi on a scan tool, and take a manual pressure reading and compare the readings.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Looking for the fuel pump driver module can't quite find it is it under the spare tire
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Yes the spare tire may be in the way from getting a good view. It is on the drivers side.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Truck want start now still has code po191 and code p1233
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

What did you end up doing? Can you check the fuel pressure with a scan tool or a manual gauge?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I haven't put the fuel pump driver-module yet so I don't know if that's it putting it on now
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Was it corroded?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Changed part still will not crank do I need to charge the relay 303 on it before fuel pump
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Does not crank or does not start? Those are 2 very different things. You are just asking about changing parts. You should determine what your fuel pressure actually is when the truck is not starting.