Ronnie
Ronnie, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years as an automotive tech
7276279

My radio keeps loosing reception. Press seek and most of the

Customer Question

My radio keeps loosing reception. Press seek and most of the time it won't pick up any station. When I get a station to come in sometimes it keeps fading out. Tried a new antenna but no improvement. I have another radio that works except for the cassette. Can you tell me which part I need to swap to fix the problem. Thanks.
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Ronnie replied 9 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question,

One known common cause for this type of problem is usually a failing radio unit its self. Since you have replaced the antenna then its very likely the case. If you are able to do the testing I have enclosed the test steps in the link below to help you do the diagnostics to determine the cause. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view it. Have a look and post back if you have more questions and or need more help.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Poor%20rep%20Mar%201.pdf