Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Lincoln
2499435

I was coming home from work one day and my check engine

Customer Question

Hi. My name is***** was coming home from work one day and my check engine light started blinking(after being on for months due to a misfire on one of my coil packs). I made it home and parked it. It's been sitting for 4 months and when I went to try to start it up take to the shop, it wouldn't start. Put a brand new battery in but that didn't work. Pressed the fuel reset switch and still didn't work. The car comes on and turns over when I try to start it but that's. My next option is dealing with the starter but idk........Help please...........
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Nah that's about it
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Lincoln Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  A. Penland replied 11 months ago.

Just need to clarify.

Does the engine crank over by the starter but not start up or does the engine not crank over by the starter?