Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Lincoln
2499435

My Lincoln will not start,. In fact in does nothing with the

Customer Question

My Lincoln will not start,. In fact in does nothing with the exception of the security alarm going off
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Lincoln. The Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I put the key in and when I try to start it I get CLICKING SOUND SEEMS TO ORIGINATE UNDER THE DASH. Then the alarm will start the warning clicking moves to full out alarm. If I turn the key to the start position it stops the alarm but it does nothing, Dead
JA: Cars do make very odd noises -- They help the mechanics figure out what's wrong. They are terrific with my old Grand Cherokee. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I always hope I can fix my own car. Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Unhooking the bbattery terminals for an extended period of time.
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should be aware of about your Lincoln?
Customer: Replacing the battery in the keyless remote
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Have you checked the battery to make sure it isnt weak or dead at all?

Can you tell me the year and model of this vehicle as well as engine size?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.