Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Lincoln Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Lincoln Diagnostics
18617752

I have a 02 lincoln ls overheat, 02 lincoln ls 3.9 radiator

Customer Question

I have a 02 lincoln ls overheat
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: 02 lincoln ls 3.9 radiator hose is hot on one top and radiator hose coming from bottom of radiator is cold after a drive
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Lincoln Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 9 months ago.

When one radiator hose is hot and the other is cold, this is usually the sign of lack of circulation which is more commonly due to a faulty Thermostat, so this would be the3 best place to start. The thermostat housing is located on the top, front of the engine. Replacing the thermostat is not a bad job at all. If replacing the thermostat does not solve the problem, then the water pump will need to be checked to make sure it is circulating coolant and the radiator inspected for any clogs. Like I say though, more commonly, a failed thermostat.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I replaced thermostat, radiator and waterpump
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 9 months ago.

Did you bleed the system?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
alldata procedures this car has got me going crazy
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
What do u consider normal operating temp on this car
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 9 months ago.

Sorry for the delay... tied up with another customer... my apologies!

Normal temp should be around 185-195. Only other thing I can think of would be possible head gasket. But that should show in a pressure test. Let me ask a few of the other Ford Techs for some input and I'll get back to you as soon as I can.