Chris
Chris, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  43 years of automotive repair, Smog license
12365498

Only the back is working on my heated seats, its a 2008

Customer Question

only the back is working on my heated seats
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: its a 2008 Navigator
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Lincoln Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Chris replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer. There are 2 separate heating elements in each seat. One for the cushion, and one for the seat back. The element in your seat cushion has a break in the wire which causes an open circuit and as a redult no hest from it. Have a shop or the dealer replace that cushion heater element. That will get it working again. The technician will remove the cushion cover and replace the element.

I hope that this information is helpful and please let me know if you need further assistance.

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 9 months ago.

If my answer has helped you, please help me by leaving a rating or accepting my answer so I may be credited. Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra. It allows me to be credited for my work. Please rate or accept in a positive way. You can ask follow-up questions after you rate or accept.

Thank you!

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 9 months ago.

Hello, just checking back to see if you received my last reply?

Chris