Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Lincoln
2499435

I started my car this morning and it sound like it was

Customer Question

i started my car this morning and it sound like it was really cold. Then the idle needle went down like normal but the car still was a bit loud and driving a bit rough on the regular road, when i went to get on the freeway it started to shake a bit but didn't sound normal maybe like lugging and then the engine light went on...i thought it might have even smelled funny....i pulled into a truck stop because i was afraid to drive it the engine light went off, but when i restarted the car it still was louder than normal and didn't sound smooth. I just had the car serviced because i had a antifreeze hose broke and i have everything services tune-up and flushed and front brakes done. It didnt drive like a dream after all that work...and sometimes it feels like it might be missing....but today was something different
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Ronnie replied 9 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question,

From your description it does sound like you do have an engine misfire and that would also explain the roughness. In order to be able to determine what is causing this the first thing you are going to need to do is to have the computer system scanned to see what the fault code and or codes where that would have set when the light cam on. Most auto part stores will run the scan for you at not charge. If you can get this done and post back with the results I can advise you from there to the correct repair.