sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I have a 2006 Lincoln Navigator. After required replacement

Customer Question

Hello.
I have a 2006 Lincoln Navigator. After required replacement of cam phasers, solenoids and gaskets strange behavior occurred: at warm up and idling everything was OK, but when a car starts moving in "D" or "R" in a few meters it shuts down the engine. Instrument cluster also shuts down, but unlike the engine, it turns on again in a second but at "ignition" state. Though, when the car is lifted a little on a lift and is driven - everything's OK - engine keeps revving, wheels keeps spinning in both "D" and "R". Keeping the car in "D" or "R" but stationary works well too.
THX in advance for a direction to look at.
Category: Lincoln
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Oh, and rear left wheel hub was replaced including sensor. And there's OBD code C1445 Speed Vehicle Signal Circuit Failure active.
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

It sounds s if the powertrain control module may be going down.

Are any codes setting in the PCM?

If not, can you set a code yourself, allow the problem to happen and see if the code is still present of if it's erased?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thanks.
No, there's no any P codes in the system. Only a C1445 code.

Can you set a code yourself and see if it clears when the problem happens?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ok. The problem solved itself. Strated to look through the fuses once again and decided to check relays and swapped them. Turns out a relay 203 to be faulty. Swaped it with 201 relay and the problem has gone. Swapping them back occurs the problem once again. Not sure how theese are connected, but the C1445 code also cleared itself and haven't pop up again.
Nevetheless, THX everyone involved.

I'm glad you got it repaired.