Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Lincoln
2499435

My 2003 Lincoln L's won't turn over........n check engine

Customer Question

My 2003 Lincoln L's won't turn over........n check engine light on n theft light not on the inside light come on windows won't move n dash bored have no lights only for the check engine light.....I have a new battery
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 11 months ago.

have you checked the battery cable terminals to make sure you are getting power have you tried jumping it to start it

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
it won't do anything
Expert:  Juan Crespo replied 11 months ago.

Hi there. Welcome to our site!

Sounds like the anti-theft system (PATS) was activated when the old battery was removed. Just close all doors and windows, step out the car and use your original key and remote to arm and disarm the PATS as you normally would and you'll be OK.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Best Regards.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
My theft light not working n some reason my key pad stop working also
Expert:  Juan Crespo replied 10 months ago.

Sorry for the time lapse. We lost electricity at 2:35 PM yesterday and just got it back - I'm in the Dominican Republic.

Do you still need help with this issue?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
its in shop but they was closed but I still need a ides because I don't wanna pay for nothing

I'm sorry, but I don't understand what you mean. Is this your vehicle? If it is, did you arm and disarm the anti-theft system as you normally would with either your original key or remote?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I just bought my Lincoln L's 03 from a private owner two weeks this the second time its been in the shop......the first time because the theft light turn on somehow they had to reprogram my keys......now my theft light is not on in it wouldn't start windows stop rolling down n its not turning at all try to charge battery nothing it has new battery new starter new belt oil is good anti freeze good
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
My dash board keep acting up also blinking on n off n arrows going up and down can't c how many mph or gas is in it

I'm sorry, but I won't be able to help you with this concern. I'll opt out so others may try.

Best Regards.

Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 10 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). Experts aren't employees / agents of Just Answer. We are independent service providers using the Site to sell their Expert knowledge to Customers. I strive to provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service, let me know what's needed from me so your pleased.

Different tech here, would you like me to help?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Thanks,

1. Are there any trouble codes stored in any modules?
  2. What is the battery voltage?
  3. Will the headlights work?
  4. Theft is never on or blinking with the key out or in and turned to the run position?
  5. Key on, are there any warning lights on?

I like to stay in contact with my customers. I assume you were not pleased with me or my answer since you did not rate it leaving me feedback. Just so you know we can still work on this issue. We can pick up where we left off or start over. I hate you paid all that money for your question deposit and have left not satisfied. Would any diagrams or repair guides or a phone call help?.

Thanks Chris