A. Penland
A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE
Experience:  ASE Master Certified. ASE Gasoline Engine Performance Certified,Ford Senior Master Technician
14865528

Music is playing but amp isn't working, No bass,

Customer Question

Music is playing but amp isn't working
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: No bass
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Lincoln Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  A. Penland replied 9 months ago.

What year and model Lincoln are you working on?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
2002 navigator

Just so I completely understand your problem.

You are getting music and sound through the speakers, but no subwoofer sound (Bass)?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

The fuse for the subwoofer amplifier is #1 in the dash fuse box, but it is also for the radio. Check the fuse. If it is good, the subwoofer or amplifier for the sub is bad. You can check for power and ground to the sub amp by check for power on pin #6, the light green/violet striped wire and then ground on pin #2, the black/light green striped wire. Below is a picture of the subwoofer amplifier connector in the right rear of the vehicle.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
If the amp is bad can I replace it with an after market one?

Make sure it is bad first. As for aftermarket amps, it all depends on the brand name. I would recommend talking to a car stereo installation shop since they have hands on knowledge on them.