Scott W.
Scott W., Technician
Experience:  28 yrs. experience as Ford ASE Master Technician. Accolades include being a 2005 Ford PTS Regional Finalist and 2006 ASE Ford National Technician.
26022388

I have a 2007 MKX. Just a few minutes ago, it began making a

Customer Question

I have a 2007 MKX. Just a few minutes ago, it began making a noise while driving. It sounds like something might be dragging under the vehicle but there is nothing there. Inside the car it sounds almost like loud static from the radio. There is no noise when in park and revving the engine - only when the car is in drive and moving.
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Scott W. replied 9 months ago.

Hello my name is Scott

Expert:  Scott W. replied 9 months ago.

The most common concern we see from these vehicle is the PTU or transfercase makes noise. We verify these noises on a hoist using a stethoscope. Some times the fluid becomes black and burnt, you can remove the fill plug and see if there is a bunch of metal on it, and it will need to be replaced if there is. If there is a bunch of metal, all 4 tires need to be the same size also because if they are not, it will ruin the transfercase in a short time. Can I have your VIN to see if it is allwheel drive, thanks Scott