Scott W.
Scott W., Technician
Experience:  28 yrs. experience as Ford ASE Master Technician. Accolades include being a 2005 Ford PTS Regional Finalist and 2006 ASE Ford National Technician.
26022388

Dealership replaced battery in my 2008 Lincoln MKZ AWD. When

Customer Question

Dealership replaced battery in my 2008 Lincoln MKZ AWD. When I started the vehicle to leave the dealership the "wrench" drive train warning light came on. Immediately drove back into the surface bay and reported the issue. After three hours of tinkering the problem was corrected reportedly a blown fuse. Once again started the car to leave the dealership and now there was no sound from the stereo system. All functions of the stern worked CD, Satellite Radio etc just no sound. Drove back into service bay and reported the issue. They check all fuses and they were ok. They said I would have to bring the car back next week and leave it for them to work on.
What could the mechanic have done when replacing the batter to cause all these problems?
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Scott W. replied 12 months ago.

Hello my name is Scott

The first thing that comes to mind since there are several issues after the repair is hooking up the cables backwards, this will cause fuses to blow and possibly modules to fail. I was not there so to say for sure is not possible for me, but over the years I have seen this before from customers who install their own batteries and I know that this can happen.

Any more questions just ask, thanks Scott