Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Lincoln
2499435

My Lincoln mks has a starting problem!
, yes, last week

Customer Question

Customer: Hi, my Lincoln mks has a starting problem!
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: yes, last week it seemed to be fine, then one day when I pushed the start button, nothing...so I had someone come and jump it as I was stranded. I brought it home and charged the battery, next day it started, a couple of times, then happened again. So I bought a new battery, put it in over the weekend, everything seemed fine until tonight, same thing, wont start. Wont even try!
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Lincoln Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 10 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). No experts here are Just Answer employees, we do not get a paycheck or benefits from JA. We are independent contractors, only paid when you rate our answer.

Do you own a digital volt meter so we can diagnose this electrical issue?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No, I dont.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
are we still on?

Since you do not have the tool we need to diagnose this. What from me, are you looking for so I can best tailor my answer to your needs.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
well, I see there have been several other people writing with this type of issue, just kind of looking for some trouble shooting ideas, have no idea if I should call someone to tow it or just what?

I can help you trouble shoot this but I will need you to have the tool needed to do the test. If not I am left with making an educated guess when I can do much better than that. I just want you pleased with my full help.

When you turn the headlights on are they bright and remain bright while trying to start?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
they do. If I did have a meter, what would you have me do?

We would test the battery voltage, then test the starting circuit to find why the starter relay is not being energized.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Well, I might be able to get one tomorrow, but that doesnt help us tonight. Have you seen this problem before?

Yes I have diagnosed this issue. Can you report back tomorrow once you get the tool?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
let me try to locate one and maybe someone who knows how to use it! How can I find you again?

Just log in and open this post and reply.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
ok I will give it a shot. thanks for your time.

Keep in touch

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ok thanks.

Your welcome