rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

I have a 2001 lincoln towncar. Recently, Ive been

Customer Question

I have a 2001 lincoln towncar. Recently, Ive been experiencing repeated failures with a fuse. Its a 7.5amp fuse supporting the interior lights, power windows, turnsignal, and some dash illumination. I can't figure out what's causing it. This morning, I saw it blow when I shifted from drive to park. How do I solve the issue ? I want to get a new stereo, but afraid to do anything until I get the fuse issue fixed. Any advice?
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 10 months ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you through it.

One of the components that is operated from that fuse is pulling too many amps and you need to locate that with an ammeter. The other thing to check is if that is the correct amp fuse for that circuit.

Thanks, Ron