Ronnie
Ronnie, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years as an automotive tech
7276279

, I have 92 TC. Problem I am having is my heater

Customer Question

Customer: Hello,
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have 92 TC. Problem I am having is my heater blower, horn, auto headlights all stoped working at the same time. Also having starting problems.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Lincoln Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Thus far I have checked all the fuses under the dash and under the hood. All are OK. Now when I push down on the power box under the hood. car will start, but no htr power. horn or auto headlights. Car has auto start remote. Can you help? Thank you Terry
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Ronnie replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Unfortunately due to Justanswers site policy we are only allowed to address one topic per question, if you can please let me know which problem you would like to address I will try and help you get it resolved. Post back with your choice and we can work from there.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a 1992 Lincoln TC, here is my problem, and I was having starting problems. Would not start with Key and sometimes only with remote start. When I would push down on the power box under the hood, it would start, but then on shut down, would not start again.
This morning, I took the power box off and check all the wring and pushed down on the wires, found no bare wires, put it back together again and now seems to start with both Key and Remote starter, but idles very poorly.
Also when all this happened, my Horn, Heater Blower and Auto Headlights all stopped working.
I have checked all Fuses and Circuit Breakers both under the Dash and Power box under the hood, all are OK
Terry
Expert:  Ronnie replied 1 year ago.

Terry,
The loss of the horn,heater motor and auto lamps may be related to the fuse panel if there is a connection concern, but there is one thing that comes to mind that was a know issue with the 1992 Town cars and that was the ignition switch separating at the switch cause a loss of connection to some components , Before we try anything else , pull the cover off behind the steering wheel and have a look at the ignition switch looking for any signs of separation at the switch. Check this for me and post back and we can work from there.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That is not the problem. Looks like I'll have to go to a Ford dealer. Thank you anyway. Terry
Expert:  Ronnie replied 1 year ago.

Your very welcome.