Juan Crespo
Juan Crespo, Tech Trainer
Experience:  A.S.E. Master Technician, Advanced Level, Emissions - Asian, Domestic, & European
19298667

2008 mkx makes a gh pitch noise while in reverse when tting

Customer Question

Customer: ***** *****. 2008 mkx makes a high pitch noise while in reverse when hitting the brake. Had new brakes and rotars and sound is still there. Could this be something with back up sensor?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Only makes noise while hitting brakes while in reverse
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Lincoln Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes, I can wait
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Juan Crespo replied 11 months ago.

Hi there. Welcome to our site!

If the noise you describe was caused by other than the brakes, it would manifest itself all the time as the vehicle backed up - regardless of whether or not the brakes were being applied.

Looks like you have some options at this time; taking it back to whomever fixed your brakes or doing the job yourself. If you decide to do it yourself, all my knowledge and resources won’t help you if you…

… don’t have tools or the skill to use them

… don’t know there will probably be some special tools and equipment needed for a proper repair

… don’t realize it may take a few back and forth replies to solve the issue

Having said that, how would you like to proceed?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
NO

I'm sorry. What are you saying NO to? Does that mean you don't want to do it yourself? That's OK.

Best Regards.