HDGene
HDGene, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  25 year ASE Master Technician & Advanced Drivability L1 Certified Ford Senior Master Technician
285738

My 99 Lincoln town car turns but won't start radio works

Customer Question

My 99 Lincoln town car turns but won't start radio works lights work but seats and windows don't can you help
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  HDGene replied 10 months ago.

Hello, does the check engine light come on when the key is turned to on and go out when cranking? Have you checked the fuel pump inertia switch in the truck for being popped? Do you have fuel pressure at the fuel rail and spark? Have you checked all fuses in the underhood fuse panel and interior fuse panel? This problem just started, you went out and crank no start?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Yeah it just started I had a heater core put in and thermostat replaced after the radiator was flushed and when I turn over everything comes on but my seats And windows don't work
Expert:  HDGene replied 10 months ago.

Ok so since it started after replacing the heater core I would suspect the issue to be in the area the recent work was completed if this is the case of it not running after it was replaced. Loose or missing ground/connection.

Expert:  HDGene replied 10 months ago.

The whole dash is out for this type of repair, so a number of electrical connectors are disconnected on both sides of the dash for this type of repair

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
You don't think it could be a blown fuse or relay since the windows or seats don't work?
Expert:  HDGene replied 10 months ago.

All the wiring that controls the windows and seats run from the instrument panel, if a ground was left loose or connector left disconnected would be what I would think to check first since it wont start either. A blown fuse is possible which is easy to check the under hood fuse panel and interior fuse panel. But id double check the work that was just done as well

Expert:  HDGene replied 10 months ago.

Hello, do you need more help or information?