HDGene
HDGene, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  25 year ASE Master Technician & Advanced Drivability L1 Certified Ford Senior Master Technician
285738

You there Ronnie?

Customer Question

You there Ronnie?
Category: Lincoln
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Sorry Ronnie was the expert name I initially saw. As I already typed but it disappeared, a week or so ago I noticed the rear of my car was very low. After I got in the car and started it up I noticed the "air suspension" message above the electronic speedometer. It hasn't raised back up since then and I notice a sound that seems like a compressor the whole time the car runs until 10 seconds after I turn it off. I haven't done anything to my car except check the switch in the trunk and it WAS switched to the on position. Any advice?
Expert:  HDGene replied 11 months ago.

Hello, you most likely have a leaking rear air spring, there is one on each side of the ear axle. Over time the air spring bags develop cracks and dry rot and start t leak air. Causing the air suspension compressor under the hood to run continuously until the compressor itself fails. You can inspect the rear air bag springs for damage and replace which is costly along with possibly replacing the compressor. Or you can retrofit the vehicle to a coil spring system and disable the air suspension system for probably much cheaper. www.strutmasters.com sells retrofit kits which are fairly easy to do. Amazon.com and other sites sell them as well.

Expert:  HDGene replied 11 months ago.

Hello, you need more help with this concern?