Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Lincoln
2499435

I have a 1998 Ford Lincoln Town Car; the new air bags won't

Customer Question

I have a 1998 Ford Lincoln Town Car; the new air bags won't inflate. The compressor is working. I replaced the solenoid and ride height sensor. I checked the fuses and they were all good. Why won't my airbags inflate to allow the rear of the car to rise.
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I'm an independent contractor here at Just Answer.

You most likely have a leak allowing the compressed air to escape prior to getting to the air bags, or the module is reading the height sensor wrong or commanding the solenoids wrong. Do you have a scan tool to check the module?

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

If you are unable to rate my response GOOD or EXCELLENT now. Please let me know why ( if I need to help more) and when you will be able to.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed before or after rating.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi moose no i don't have a scan tool is there any other way to check the module I don't hear any obvious air leaks any further advice You have would be appreciated thanks

We can check the powers and grounds to the module if you have a volt meter, but with the module telling the compressor to turn on. I feel those will be fine and so is that section of the module. Air leaks must be found with soapy water, you will not be able to hear them, there is not enough pressure.