Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

My air A/C blower doesn't blow out of the vents when set to

Customer Question

My air A/C blower doesn't blow out of the vents when set to auto on my 2007 Lincoln Town Car. It does blow cold air behind the dash. If taken off auto, and set to the button showing in the face and feet, it does blow out of the vents, but not real hard. The same goes for my heater. Off auto and set to the floor, it blows out of the floor vents. On auto, it just blows somewhere behind the dash. Is there an easy fix?
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

Ok, your mechanic has replaced the usual suspects that cause these symptoms. I need to get the vin number so that I can pull the wiring schematics to know where to direct you in the likely issue as well as check for any service bulletins that may be out on this

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my Vin: 1LNHM82VX7Y609196
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can't rate my mechanic, as nothing has been done yet.
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

Ok, see if you can find out from your mechanic which actuators he replaced - the temperature blend actuators, mode door actuators or fresh air circulation actuators and let me know

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, I will try to find out tomorrow, and let you know.
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

Ok, sounds good

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm not sure I understand this last email, but as I said, I will let you know, today, which actuator or actuators were changed. Am I supposed to rate you at the top of this page before we are done and I am satisfied, or wait until then?
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

Dont rate until we are done and able to resolve your issue with your vehicle - the rating page generally pops up automatically after each reply from me, but ignore until we are done and you are satisfied

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the explanation.
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

No problem, and I am here all day for when you hear back from your mechanic

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, I still haven't heard back from him, I will let you know as soon as I do. Thanks
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

Ok, not a problem

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry Eric. The mechanic decided to leave for a few days. Just please be patient...I will contact you when he gives me the answer. Thanks.
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

No problem at all. You may get reminders from the site in the meantime - they are automatically sent out and no way for me to turn them off, so just ignore them

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Gotcha
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

Have a great evening