Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Lincoln
2499435

I just picked up my Lincoln at a local ford dealership. I

Customer Question

Hi, I just picked up my Lincoln at a local ford dealership. I had it in there to check to see why the cruise wont work. It is a 2003 Lincoln Presidential I just bought. Anyhow when I go to get in it I hit the unlock button and all the doors unlock but the drivers side lock immediately locks back, just the drivers side. You have to hit the unlock button and snatch the handle open fast because it instantly locks back, just the drivers door, and it doesn't seem to be coming up as high as the passenger side, I walk back in and tell them it wasnt like that when I dropped it off, the guy that brought the car around went in with me and he said he had a hard time getting into the car, they said it wasnt anything they did and they had no idea. Just giving me the run around, any ideas?
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 11 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I'm an independent contractor here at Just Answer.

I do agree that there is nothing they would of messed with to diagnose and repair the speed control to effect the door lock. To me it appears like the door lock actuator motor is weak and to blame here. This is quite common on older vehicles. For example my mothers 08 Escape, she opened the liftgate then closed it, seconds later she needed back in for something and it would not work. I removed the trim inside, heated the actuator with my heat gun and it worked just enough to get the gate open to replace the actuator. Your actuator is mounted on the door latch inside the door. If you would like the testing or replacement steps let me know.

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

You should see a rating screen if I have posted an answer, not for an info request.

Your rating is my feedback. If I don't get feedback from customers, I will not be able to continue helping customers here.

Rating me good, bad, or not rating at all does not effect the fee you have paid nor does it close the post.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The car has only 40,000 miles on it
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I don't agree with that at all. I guess I wasn't clear. It's not sticking on not just not working. For some reason after you power it up something is powering it down by its self. It's just like you hit the power locks.

When an actuator is weak it will not fully move then quickly move in the opposite direction. I can help you do the electrical tests if you would like or would you like the Ford drivers door lock inoperable steps.

I like to stay in contact with my customers that appear not pleased, still working on the concern, or have not rated yet. I assume you were not pleased with my help. I hate that you have spent money to get an answer but left not happy. Can you tell me why, or can I help more. If its more help you need just reply and we can pick up where we left off.

Thanks Chris