Randall
Randall, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech, 32 yrs experience, all aspects of diagnostic and repairs
13677702

I have a 2004 Lincoln aviator. My turn signals and brake

Customer Question

I have a 2004 Lincoln aviator. My turn signals and brake lights work in the back but the lights in the back that come on when you turn your lights on and stay on will not come on. I noticed they don't flash when I get the alarm and lock my car either.I change the bulbs and checked all the fuses four times.I guess I'm in a buy a light switch and see if that's it but what other things could it be?
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Hello, do any of the tailights work with parking lights on? meaning the liftgate tailights as well as license plate lights?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No they are out too
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Think the running lights in the front are out as well
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

ok, i must know what all lights are not working in order to help, I need the full list as all are not on same circuits, Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Everything is out on the back of the car and less I hit the brakes or turn signals and they both work. So when I'm driving at night is completely black. Yes I got a ticket already.The headlights work on the front but no other lights are on and less side turn on the turn signals.i'm going to walk outside real quick and verify the front lights. Ok The headlights high and low beam do work and the turn signals work in the front but the ones beneath the headlights next to the turn signals do not work. I don't know if this would have anything to do with it or not but I added trailer brakes and had it installed professionally so now there is a seven pin connector on the back of my car. The running lights for the trailer don't work either.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I rented a U-Haul the other day and he unplugged the four pin connector from the seven pin connector because the trailer I was renting only had four pins. I didn't notice whether I was having this issue before that or not but my girlfriend seems to think it was already doing it before then. I'm not sure so I just thought I would give you the information.
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

ok you have one of 2 things, either a fuse you missed OR bad headlight switch, so,,I tend to lean to the fuse, you MUST swap out fuse F1.9 a 20 amp larger fuse in the underhood fuse box, Please swap that fuse with one near it etc, if still no go? then main light switch is likley bad, I included 2 links, one showing fuse F1.9 and one file on how to change the light switch

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
In case the first part was confusing my headlights work and all my turn signals work and my brake lights work. All the other lights do not work on the exterior. Except for the ones on my Sideview mirror's. They do work as well.
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

I understood that, and I sent the answer to you with links as well

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tried the fuse. Not it. We tested them all several times but I still switched it just now to make sure. Already ordered a switch a couple days ago. Hopefully be here soon.
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

ok, I was just reconfirming to be sure, the fuse powers switch, switch then powers the lights, the switch is broken inot several different circuits, the aprking light circuit seems to have failed,

Please rate my service I have provided today, After you rate today, THIS post will remain open for any followups with me

'Many thanks,Randall