rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

My 2013 Lincoln MKT limo package won't start. It is trying -

Customer Question

My 2013 Lincoln MKT limo package won't start. It is trying - because engine cranks on its on for several seconds after I let go start button.
When arrived home I only had 13mil. to go gasoline left in the tank, after couple hours when I wonna take my car to fill up it did not start. I then filed my car with fuel from 2gallon gas tank unfortunately it did not help. My car has 156,000 highway miles with maintenance.
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 11 months ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you through it.

I attached a very good guide for you to follow and items to check to fix this car.

Thanks, Ron

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The attached guidance is useless. It is for garage auto mechanics. what is the point of this site???
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 11 months ago.

You're seeking help for a problem that is complex. I know you would like an easy answer, but that's not always the case. If your skill level prevents you from performing these tests, then you will need outside help with this. I'm just the messenger and shouldn't get a bad rating because of bad news I have to give you.

Thanks, Ron