Mike S.
Mike S., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Lincoln_vehicle_mechanic
20625509

I am in the market 2016 MKX, but I am not finding one at a

Customer Question

I am in the market for a 2016 MKX, but I am not finding one at a dealership with the options I want including the tow package. Can a Lincoln dealership's service department install that tow package?
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Mike S. replied 11 months ago.

Have you tried to use their build and price? http://www.lincoln.com/build-and-price/

Expert:  Mike S. replied 11 months ago.

Let me try, what is your zipcode?

Expert:  Mike S. replied 11 months ago.

I see the Trailer Tow Package for $645. Tow up to 3,500 lbs. when your Lincoln MKX is properly equipped with the available Class II Trailer Tow Package, which includes trailer sway control to help you maintain control. That’s serious capability for a stylish crossover. It works in conjunction with AdvanceTrac® with RSC® (Roll Stability Control™) to help maintain vehicle and trailer stability while you’re towing a trailer. Trailer sway control applies precise braking and, if necessary, adjusts engine torque to help the driver maintain control.

Expert:  Mike S. replied 11 months ago.

Do you have anything further to ask?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I want the benefits (which you noted) of the tow package, but I don't want to wait 8-12 weeks for a special order. I have a 2008 MKX which came without a tow package and the dealership's service manager told me back then that they could not install the package and referred me to a local hitch installation company. I had a hitch installed, but it was not integrated with the vehicle and thus did not provide the benefits that the package offers. When I asked him about the dealership installing the tow package on a 2016 model, he said he thought they could, but wasn't for sure. So, before buying a unit off the lot that has the options that I want excluding the tow, I want a definitive answer on whether or not an OEM tow package can be installed or if I will have to settle again for a non-OEM hitch.
Expert:  Mike S. replied 11 months ago.

You are going to have to contact the dealer for that. I don't work at Lincoln or Ford. You might try to chat with them and ask. I had a chat window open up when I was on their site but closed out the chat window.