Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Lincoln
2499435

Rada is regarding I believe an abs module lincoln 02 towncar

Customer Question

Customer: ***** ***** Rada is regarding I believe an abs module for my lincoln 02 towncar executive executive l large
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: i washed the engine and i lost all my digital data and the speedometer is not working
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Lincoln Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: my temperature Gage and gas Gage is working yes i am
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I'm an independent contractor here at Just Answer.

Will the engine still crank, start, run and is the vehicle drive able?

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

You should see a rating screen if I have posted an answer, not for an info request.

Your rating is my feedback. If I don't get feedback from customers, I will not be able to continue helping customers here.

Rating me good, bad, or not rating at all does not effect the fee you have paid nor does it close the post.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
we can drive it we check the grounds cables the cluster is on meaning ligths heat and gas gages but the speedometer is not working the data only show lines horizontals like this - - - - - - - -. we plug a scanner we get the spped on the scanner while behicle is moving but the cluster does not get it i guess .so it means the abs sensor are sending the speed to the abs module but i guess from there we do not get it on the dash(cluster) ..also we do not get any data on the cluster like trip A trip B consumption.
i have been reading a lot about it and a guy had the same problem and he changed the abs module and this was his answer
FINALLY FIXED...REPAIRED ABS MODULE SOLVE MY ISSUE EVERYTHING IS WORKING ON THE DASH.
These people repair for $100.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2001-2002-Li...44f3fc&vxp=mtr... I just want to make sure .
thanks Ignacio

Thanks for the update. You are correct in your thinking the ABS module is where to look. Unplug it and clean the connector and pins with spray then reseal it with Di-electric grease added to the connector then retest prior to replacing the ABS module.

I like to stay in contact with my customers that appear not pleased, still working on the concern, or have not rated yet. I assume you were not pleased with my help. I hate that you have spent money to get an answer but left not happy. Can you tell me why, or can I help more. If its more help you need just reply and we can pick up where we left off.

Thanks Chris