rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

I have a 1999 Lincoln town car and recently the check trac

Customer Question

Hello..I have a 1999 Lincoln town car and recently the check trac light came on the dashboard while I was driving...then the vehicle cut off...what could the problem be?
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you through it.

It appears that the computer shut down your car for safety reasons. You need to address the problem by use of a scan tool to retrieve codes and check the components involved that are at fault. You won't be able to do this without the proper tools for this problem, sorry for the bad news, but I'm just giving you the truth.

Thanks, Ron