rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

My check engine light came oncheck transmission I noticed

Customer Question

my check engine light came oncheck transmission I noticed when I put it in drive if Heaven take to go in gearbut once it go and give no problem
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you through it.

I'm having some difficulty understanding your problem, but first check the fluid level and color for being good. If all is good, then drop the pan and do a visual inspection including the shift solenoids and valve body.

Thanks, Ron