HDGene
HDGene, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  25 year ASE Master Technician & Advanced Drivability L1 Certified Ford Senior Master Technician
285738

My pcm fuse was removed to reset after a suspension

Customer Question

My pcm fuse was removed to reset after a suspension conversion. Upon replacement of fuse, the key would turn but I would get nothing. Although lights worked. Now the steering wheel is locked and I can't turn key. How can I unlock wheel and then restore power to store car?
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  HDGene replied 12 months ago.

Hello, have you tried rocking the steering wheel back and forth or moving the tilt wheel to get the steering lock to release? Have you tried a different key in the ignition cylinder? Why did you remove the pcm fuse for the air suspension repair?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I have tried rocking the steering wheel, tilting and a different key.The guy that did the suspension removed it. He said it needed to be reset to get the check air suspension light off.
Expert:  HDGene replied 12 months ago.

Ok the pcm fuse shouldnt have anything to do with the steering lock, he should have removed the air suspension fuse and then disabled the circuit at the air suspension module. The steering should unlock.You can try jacking up the front end of the vehicle to relieve the tension on the steering system and see if the steering will unlock by rocking it.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Ok.....jacked it up but still nothing
Expert:  HDGene replied 12 months ago.

Ok if you cannot get the key to turn due to the ignition key not wanting to turn, you would have to drill out the ignition lock tumbler pin to turn the cylinder with a pair of pliers and most likely have to replace the steering column. You would have to disconnect the battery, remove the steering column covers to gain access to the detent pin that holds the lock tumbler in the steering column and drill it out with a 1/8 inch drill bit and force the tumbler to turn. This should not have anything to do with retrofitting the air suspension system