A. Penland
A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE
Experience:  ASE Master Certified. ASE Gasoline Engine Performance Certified,Ford Senior Master Technician
14865528

My dad has a 2002 Lincoln blackwood and the trunk is not

Customer Question

Customer: Hi Steve, my dad has a 2002 Lincoln blackwood and the trunk is not opening. both with the keyfob and the button inside. what is the fuse number for the trunk?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: my dad just said that the button inside nor the keyless entry button wont work to pop open the trunk
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Lincoln Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: ummm let me ask if my dad is willing to pay
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  A. Penland replied 12 months ago.

You are talking about the tonneau cover that covers the bed of the truck. It has a module called the tonneau cover module and is has three fuses in the engine bay fuse box. They are fuses #8, #9 and #15. If the fuses are good, then you will have to have the tonneau cover module tested for trouble codes and follow the pin point test below to locate the problem.