HDGene
HDGene, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  25 year ASE Master Technician & Advanced Drivability L1 Certified Ford Senior Master Technician
285738

I have a 2003 Lincoln LS V8 and the problem is that the fuel

Customer Question

Hello, I have a 2003 Lincoln LS V8 and the problem is that the fuel pressure is to high. It reads 90psi at the rail at idle. When I disconnect the fuel pressure sensor it goes down to 48psi at idle. Should I replace the fuel rail sensor or could other things cause this issue?
Thanks
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  HDGene replied 12 months ago.

Hello, it depends on what the fuel rail pressure sensor is reporting that the actual fuel pressure is,if it is not matching what a manual gauge is reading,it can try and ramp up the duty cycle of the fuel pump and have a higher than normal fuel pressure.A diagnostic check for codes with a scan tool which will probably have a code now for the frp since you disconnected it and monitor what the sensor pressure reading should be done before replacing the sensor. if the check engine light is on and reading lean codes, it can also ramp up the fuel pressure for fuel delivery to try and correct fuel trims

Expert:  HDGene replied 11 months ago.

Hello, do you need more help with this concern?