Nickssticks
Nickssticks, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Senior Master for Ford Lincoln Mercury, also Diesel repair and performance Master
21564301

MY CAR KEYS WERE LOST THEN SOMEONE TRIED TO STEAL MY CARAND

Customer Question

MY CAR KEYS WERE LOST THEN SOMEONE TRIED TO STEAL MY CARAND TORE UP MY IGNITION IN THE PROCESS .I COOULD TURN THE IGNITION BUT THE ANTITHEFT SYSTEM STOPS THE CAR FROM STARTING .IS THEIR A WAY TO BYPASS WITH APCM BYPASS CODE TO START MY CAR
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Nickssticks replied 1 year ago.

Hi, your not going to like my news but it is 100 percent correct. NO way to bypass this, no way to download codes or anything. You need a IDS scan tool, to program the chip in the key. There are billions of possibilities of codes that are randomly picked when a key is programmed, no way around it. Even if you were to replace the security module, you have to program 2 new keys to calibrate.

only option is to ask local shops if they have an ids with a VCM 1, or tow to the dealer, to have an additional key programmed. Been with Ford 13 years, and trust me, no possible way around it.

I know this may not be the answer you were looking for but hope it helps you to stop trying to find an alternative.

please let me know if I can help further.