sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I have a 2008 MKX with 105000 miles. The car occasionally

Customer Question

Hello. I have a 2008 MKX with 105000 miles. The car occasionally made serious clunking noise. It would happen after putting it into park & would happen when decelerating through a corner w/o using the brake & then getting back on to the gas. Just the other day the tranny started slipping and had to pull of the side of the road because it wouldn't go anymore. After I parked it, it would shift into all gears but would not drive. I replaced the TSS & OSS sensors but the problem persists with it going into gear but no drive. Any ideas? Thank you.
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If the trans was slipping and then stopped engaging altogether then you may have a a failed clutch, pump, or it may be a restricted/damaged filter. If the filter becomes restricted or sucks air then line pressure will drop or be non existent, causing slippage or the trans to not engage at all.

Have you checked for fault codes?
Have you checked the fluid level and condition?