HDGene
HDGene, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  25 year ASE Master Technician & Advanced Drivability L1 Certified Ford Senior Master Technician
285738

I have a 2000 lincoln Navigator that idles rough and stalls

Customer Question

I have a 2000 lincoln Navigator that idles rough and stalls when i thottle. I changed the fuel filter, IAC, TPS, and looked for vacuum leaks, even replaced spark plugs. I can't resolve this.
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  HDGene replied 1 year ago.

Hello,the most common cause of a rough idle if the vehicle runs fine down the road would be a possible vacuum leak for the pcv valve system. Take a good look at the vacuum hose for the pcv valve at the valve and at the back of the intake. The hose can collapse and suck in and cause this concern. If this is ok and it runs rough all the time, it could be a base engine issue or problem with a fuel injector or iginition coil. This should set a diagnostic trouble code and turn the check engine light on. So a diagnostic check for codes with a scan tool should be done