Mike V.
Mike V., Technician
Experience:  I have 25 yrs. of experience with all makes and models. Also factory training on other models.
2921078

Have a '99 lincoln continental with driver power seat that

Customer Question

Hi have a '99 lincoln continental with driver power seat that won't move back and forth but just chatters. .
What are my options thanks brad
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.

Hi Brad

Sadly there aren't to many things you can do here. Chattering usually means the gear on the track has failed. Probably he best and least expensive approach is going to be installing a used seat track. If you are needing to move the seat at the moment it's not going to be something you can do. I would check for any change that might have fallen into the track and usually if there is change in there the seat will sort of move left to right, instead of straight forward or backwards.

Please let me know what more I can do to assist you today. Also, please remember to rate my answer, Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources. Follow up questions are included in the price of your question. If you are using the free trial, or have a subscription a rating is still required.
Thank you so much!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All other power driver seat functions seem to be working. I figured I could try a salvage yard but still will be a used part
.
Was there a service bulletin on this? I think I saw one for similar year town carAlso I saw a u tube where someone got a part from rock auto for about $130
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's thanksgiving and I don't want to bother you, would rather talk than type....maybe tomorrow
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.

The only bulletin I saw was for the seat trim and not the seat track. Since all the functions are working and in fact the motor is working I do believe the gearing is the problem.

I do not see anything on Rockauto for the seats at all.