Randall
Randall, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech, 32 yrs experience, all aspects of diagnostic and repairs
13677702

Can I disconnect the rear axle on my Lincoln AWD MKC so I

Customer Question

Can I disconnect the rear axle on my Lincoln AWD MKC so I can tow it on a car dolly to Florida? And can I leave it disconnected while driving it down there?
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I am Randall, Yes you can unhook it and dolly tow with front wheels on the dolly, rear disconnected, No problems there and can tow this way the full distance and hook up when ready, Its a little effort but this is the only method to tow the AWD vs a flatbed trailer with all four wheels off the ground

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can it be driven long term down there until I dolly it home?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Without the driveshaft. Can I leave it out and drive it FWD only until I return north where I need it?
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Hello, sorry for the delay, was off a part of the day, not sure I understand what you are asking, You can unhook diiferential and dolly as far as you want, You cant unhook and drive it that way if this is what you are asking, You have to unhook just prior to dolly, Hope this makes sense