HDGene
HDGene, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  25 year ASE Master Technician & Advanced Drivability L1 Certified Ford Senior Master Technician
285738

On my 04 navigator front blower has quit working, changed

Customer Question

on my 04 navigator front blower has quit working , changed blower resistor and blower
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Don 'Mo Lurch' replied 1 year ago.

.

sorry for the delay............
.
Greetings...... “Hi, I’m Don (aka MOLurch) and I look forward to helping you!”
.
With Key ON & Heater / AC Controls set to any speed, can you test the BROWN / YELLOW wire at the Blower Motor for Voltage +
Let me know what you find

.
IF you need more information, please ask "prior" to Rating.
.
Please do the right thing and leave a rating, using the rating system, so I may be credited for this Q&A.
.
NOTE: Do NOT Rate on how much TIME you waited, because I am not on 24 / 7 and I answer as soon as I see the question.
The question will still remain open for follow up questions if needed.
.
If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.
Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.
.
Rating is very Important to our Service
.
.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's night time and raining I will again on this car on Saturday will submit response then

after testing the BROWN / YELLOW wire & IF there is NO Voltage, test Fuse 13 & 116, located in the CJB, for Voltage + on "both sides" of each fuse
let me know what you find

thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But there is power cause blower will start and work fine until engine shuts off than you restart engine and no blower
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've checked #13 but not the one in engine but still if they were blown blower would never start.

You posted:
???
No where did you post that info...........

thanks...........I will OPT OUT & Relist, as you need to be up front on everything

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks
Expert:  HDGene replied 1 year ago.

Hello, can you post the 17 digit VIN number? I beleive there is a bulletin that will apply to fix this concern

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
5LMFU27R84LJ40938
Expert:  HDGene replied 1 year ago.

Ok I thought there was an updated ground for the blower motor but not on this model year.So just to clarify the blower works on all speeds when it does work? This is an Electronic climate control system ? when you cycle the key off it wont operate again? Do you have both power and ground to the blower motor connector when the blower fan is inop?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I changed blower n resistor all lights light up on climate control I set it on auto n nothing I set blower on full speed nothing however I turn rear ac and it works fine after a few cycles of turning ignition on n off all of a sudden front ac turns on works fine I can lower fan speed n it works. I shut car off restart again all displays on but no ac but rear works fine.
Expert:  HDGene replied 1 year ago.

Right, but what you need to verify is when the blower does not work is if it is still getting power and ground on high speed. If it has battery voltage and ground the fan should run, when you put it to lower speeds the blower resistor drops the voltage to lower the fan speed. it could be an issue with the blower switch or possibly a defective new part. Just because it is new means its a good part. thats why its important to check the circuit when it is inoperable

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will work on it this Saturday n will check voltage on high speed to see what I'm getting and let you know then is that ok?
Expert:  HDGene replied 1 year ago.

Yes thats not a problem. just let me know what you find and we can double check everything from there

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Got it.
Expert:  HDGene replied 1 year ago.

Very good, just post to this question and Ill be notified of your response.