HDGene
HDGene, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  25 year ASE Master Technician & Advanced Drivability L1 Certified Ford Senior Master Technician
285738

I have a 1997 town car and having to replace the drivers

Customer Question

I have a 1997 town car and having to replace the drivers side converter. The old converter has a O2 sensor in the front and middle of the converter but the new converter I have has holes for three sensors but the middle one has a plug in it! Which location is correct? Car has a converter on the drivers side and one on the passenger side but has single exhaust.
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  HDGene replied 1 year ago.

The extra hole is for another application, one should be upstream before the cat and one after it, the extra hole can be left plugged off and sealer and should be fine long as the shape of the pipe is the same