Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

My 2006 navigator liftgate light in dash keeps coming on

Customer Question

My 2006 navigator liftgate light in dash keeps coming on with noise every time it rains and at times when I was my vehicle. I also hear a clicking sound in the rear of the right side next to my back glass.
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

The trim panel for the liftgate will need to be removed and first check for signs of water intrusion, which if found will need to be corrected when source of leak found. Then all the connectors, especially the liftgate ajar switch(see attached), checked for water intrusion and dried out and if corrosion is found in the switches, actuators or sensors themselves, then that component will need to be replaced

Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page. Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

11 Nov 2015, 5:12 PM