john aka eauto
john aka eauto, The Car Guy
Experience:  ase certified imac cerified
6149662

My mother recently had her air shocks converted to regular

Customer Question

My mother recently had her air shocks converted to regular ones on her 2005 Lincoln Navigator and noticed her cluster light that used to stay on when u turned the suv off and go off when u exit the vehicle and close the door is now going off as soon as u turn the vehicle off. I had my 2004 Lincoln Navigator converted sometime ago and my cluster light
does the same thing. I was wondering if there was any correlation to the conversion and this cluster light feature?
Thank you.
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  john aka eauto replied 1 year ago.

which light are you reffering to?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the light that illuminates the dash board (speedometer).

they are suppose to turn off when you exit the vehicle

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
that is correct. She states that if she turns of ignition and sits in vehicle, the cluster lights should stay illuminated for a time before going off. Since the shock conversion, the cluster lights no longer do this. Is this correct? Thanks
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I also was wondering with good up keep, how many miles do these navigators get before engine/transmission needs to be replaced? Thanks again
Expert:  john aka eauto replied 11 months ago.

how many miles are on the navigator?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
My Navigator has about 153k on it. Also, pls. respond to original question concerning cluster lights in mother's navigator. Thank you

did she reprogram the timer

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
You mean did they reprogram timer? No, not to my knowledge. What is the connection between the air shock conversion and cluster lights no longer working as they should?

yes..there Is no connection between the 2

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
how do we fix the problem?

you can change that setting using the setup button to the right of the steering wheel on the dash. just push it 3 or 4 times until auto lamp delay is displayed on the instrument cluster the push reset until you get the desired number of seconds. i have mine set for 180 seconds.