Dr.Carz
Dr.Carz, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ford master certified with lincoln training of 10 yrs ase master certified
35496794

The lights inside and out of my 2006 town car started going

Customer Question

the lights inside and out of my 2006 town car started going on and off and stayed off . then i got a jump, the car started, and i puled away and at all happened again including the power steering?
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Dr.Carz replied 1 year ago.

Sounds like the alternator has stopped charging and the battery ran dead, jumped little surface charge ran a little and then died again. I would fully charge battery and get alternator tested. check the obvious first battery connections alternator wires.

Expert:  Dr.Carz replied 1 year ago.

Does it seem that the car has low to no power?

Expert:  Dr.Carz replied 1 year ago.

How is the belt?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the power seems fine.
Expert:  Dr.Carz replied 1 year ago.

Wondering why the need for the jump?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
well yes....before i jumped it !!!!!!!!!! the lights went out and flickered when i was going down street. i pulled into a lot and tured car off. few min later i tried to start and it just did the tic. tic. tic
Expert:  Dr.Carz replied 1 year ago.

I would have the alternator looked at as well as the battery power and ground connections. Is this intermitant? Is the car running and driving now?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no its in the lot sitting and im 60 miles from home. and your giving me every scenario that it could be!!? I could do that!
Expert:  Dr.Carz replied 1 year ago.

Just tring to narrow it down. The fact that your are on the side of the road tells me my first statement would be the cause. The alternator has stopped charging and the car drove until there was no battery power left to run. If you jump the car it will start right up and then stall out again shortly there after. With out tools to diagnose and getting technical in which i feel would not help in this situation I have to go with my gut and the symptoms you have given me. So with that being said your car is almost ten years old and prob. around 120-130k miles with the info i have recieved I stand by you need an alternator.

Expert:  Dr.Carz replied 1 year ago.

I am truly sorry for your situation I wish there was easier solution to the problem. If you have any other questions or input please feel free to keep asking.

Expert:  Dr.Carz replied 1 year ago.

Just curious how u made out always hard when a breakdown occurs hope all is well now.