Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

Pete, I spoke to you on Sept 24, 2015 regarding a 2010

Customer Question

Pete, I spoke to you on Sept 24, 2015 regarding a 2010 Lincoln MKT start/stop button not working intermittently (order #15660000-457). You advised to check the brake pedal switch and starter relay switch. I changed the starter relay switch and car did
fine for a few weeks then problem started again. So I changed the brake pedal switch and car did fine for three weeks then problem stared again. Do you have any other recommendations?
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help with this today.I apologize for any delay here.

Since the issue did resolve for a few weeks after these were replaced my next check would be to check the wiring and wiring connections to the brake pedal switch and the starter relay and see if any wiring issues are found like loose or corroded wiring connections or damaged wiring needing repaired as this can cause this type of fault here.

I would also check for loose or corroded battery cables at the battery itself as well as to where the cables run and connect to.If any faults are found with any of these here the faults will need corrected.

If these are all checked and found to be o.k. my next step would be to have the fault codes re checked in all computers to see what codes are set.Once this is done any codes set will need diagnosed to locate and repair this fault here.If you do have any codes set let me know what codes they are.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.