HDGene
HDGene, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  25 year ASE Master Technician & Advanced Drivability L1 Certified Ford Senior Master Technician
285738

I have 2000 Lincoln that has had a lot of work done trying

Customer Question

I have 2000 Lincoln that has had a lot of work done trying find what is wrong , at an idle it runs smooth. At 50mph on level road it seems to shut down, it restarts picks back to speed we were traveling at. We have a new gas tank and fuel pump installed, we have had new plugs and coils wires like wise. No cure. Thanks mike
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  HDGene replied 1 year ago.

Hello, what kind of lincoln? And what engine do you have?Is the check engine light on and have you had it checked for diagnostic trouble codes?It shuts off or just looses power?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Lincoln Contnental Engine is 4.9 Yes, has been checked for diagnostic codes --- Engine shuts off tach drops to zero -
Expert:  HDGene replied 1 year ago.

You might have a problem with the crankshaft position sensor or its wiring if you have an oil leak on it causing the sensor to drop out under a load. Take a look at that first a visual inspection. it should be on the firewall side of the crankshaft pulley area. Im not sure if you have had this replaced yet so let me know since you have no codes and verify you are not loosing fuel pressure just because its a new pump it could be defective

Expert:  HDGene replied 1 year ago.

Hello, do you need more help?