HDGene
HDGene, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  25 year ASE Master Technician & Advanced Drivability L1 Certified Ford Senior Master Technician
285738

I have a 2005 Lincoln LS that has to have the instrument

Customer Question

I have a 2005 Lincoln LS that has to have the instrument cluster replaced if I replace the instrument cluster do the keys have to be reprogrammed my car has 220000 miles on it the odometer im buying has 113,000 miles on it I would actually like to keep the 220000 mile mileage on the car is that possible
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  HDGene replied 1 year ago.

Yes you have to reprogram 2 pats keys when you replace the insturment cluster and do a parameter reset on the pcm using a scan tool which can be done at a dealer or a local locksmith if they offer programming chipped keys

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. Now I know I can't do it myself.
Expert:  HDGene replied 1 year ago.

Locksmith be the best bet and probably get a cluster for you as well.

Expert:  HDGene replied 1 year ago.

If I was helpful, please hit accept and leave a positive rating so I get credit for assisting you.

Expert:  HDGene replied 1 year ago.

Hello, do you need more help with this concern? I cannot close the question with out you rating it, a positive rating would be appreciated

Expert:  HDGene replied 1 year ago.

Hi just following up to see how you made out. The question remains open until you rate the experience so if you need more help please let me know